Thursday, 7 July 2022
8:30am - 9:30am AEST
Live session through Microsoft Teams
Online reviewing platforms are growing in prevalence with many prospective patients now venturing online to find health care providers. Negative online reviews and commentary that are left on these platforms can be extremely distressing for health care providers with many at a loss for how best to respond.
In our next FTC session, BN's Emma Harman and Felicity Parkhill will unpack the legal issues that can arise when health professionals receive negative online review and discuss:
- how to limit reputational damage, how and when to take action and what action you can take.
- the role of review removal services
- recent defamation action taken by a doctor against a negative online review, and other defamation claims which have been heard by the Courts
- confidentiality and privacy obligations when publishing a response
- the role of the National Law in regulating the social media presence of practitioners