Lucille is a Special Counsel in our Insurance and Health team and is based in the Adelaide office.
Lucille specialises in:
- Public and product liability
- Health law
- Professional indemnity
At BN, Lucille is involved in a range of contentious work primarily in the areas of public liability, professional indemnity and medical malpractice. Before joining our team in 2023, Lucille worked in a busy Commercial Insurance practice of a large national firm.
Lucille acts for Australian and international insurers and claims management agencies and third-party administrators for London based underwriters. She also assists insureds to manage their own claims within deductible levels and works with brokers to assist their clients in responding to claims.
Lucille is approachable, reliable, proactive and client focused. She takes a pragmatic but firm approach to litigation and negotiation. Her advice is practical and concise, without compromising on quality.
Lucille represents clients across a range of jurisdictions, including the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts of South Australia. She has instructed Counsel and Senior Counsel for two Full Supreme Court appeals and several District Court trials.
Lucille’s experience includes:
- Providing complex and detailed advices to underwriters on indemnity, including policy construction, liability, quantum and reserves.
- Defending various public liability claims (personal injury and property) against a range of insured businesses involving, for example, farm practices, cleaning contractors, property managers, manufacturing, building and construction and general occupier liability.
- Representing doctors and allied health workers (including psychologists, physiotherapists, chiropractors and optometrists) in professional indemnity (medical malpractice) claims and disciplinary proceedings.
- Responding to AHPRA notifications on behalf of doctors and allied health workers (including drafting submissions for consideration by various Boards) and representing practitioners in Coronial Enquiries (including drafting statements for submission to SAPOL and representing practitioners at interviews.
Lucille has been recognised in Best Lawyers for Insurance Law and Personal Injury Law since 2021. She has also been recognised by Doyle's Guide since 2020, most recently as one of South Australia's Recommended Public & Product Liability Lawyers and Recommended Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyers in the 2023 edition.
Lucille holds a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) degree and a Commerce degree majoring in Management from the University of Adelaide. She also has a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice and was admitted to the South Australian Supreme Court and the High Court of Australia in 2006. Lucille is a member of the Law Society of South Australia.